Research at the Institute of Gerontology & Demographic Development
The research activities of the scientific employees at the Institute for Gerontology & Demographic Development which are conducted in cooperation with other organizational divisions of the Department and/or the Tyrolean Private University UMIT, as well as external (non-)university partners, can be summarized in the following key issues:
- Demographic Development,
- Socio-Gerontological Research Approaches,
- Cultural-Gerontological Research Approaches,
- Economic- and Financial-Gerontological Research Approaches,
- Mobility – Prevention – Aging.
The social and health system needs gerontologists who are familiar with the needs and special situations of aging people in order to be able to respond needs-oriented and adequately to the requirements of the future’s largest population group. In order to justify these claims, the Institute pursues the following objectives:
- Improvement of the quality of life of elderly people.
- Promotion of junior scientists in the field of Gerontology.
- Provision of practice-oriented gerontological knowledge at tertiary level.
- Research activities on gerontological problems, both out of self-interest as well as on behalf of economy and society.