All doctoral programmes are accredited by AQ Austria, the Austrian Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation.
- The quality of the doctoral programmes is ensured by a joint Doctorate Committee.
- The doctoral programmes offer personal counselling from renowned and recognized academic supervisors.
- Doctoral candidates complete a thesis contract with their graduate supervisor which outlines the mutual expectations of the advising relationship.
- It is possible to complete the doctoral programme while working. Lectures and seminars are generally held as block courses.
- UMIT offers all the amenities of a modern university campus in the heart of the Alps.
- The Office of the Doctorate Committee and UMIT’s Study Management Office endeavour to offer a good level of organizational support.
- The Dr. phil. degree is an internationally recognized degree that is written and accepted as an honorific (Dr.) in front of one’s personal name.
Please note that separate degree regulations apply to the doctoral programme Technical Sciences (Dr. techn.). You can find details on this doctoral programme here.